Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tucson Day 3



We decided that today was the day we would wash the RV, it was covered in sand and dust from all of the wind in New Mexico and our drive down the dirt road to Hidden Valley Ranch last week.  It was a lot of work but it sure makes a big difference.

I can’t believe that at the age of 64 I am stupid enough to get a sunburn, I religiously use sunscreen on my face and neck but today I totally spaced out the rest of me, so no more pool time for me for a while. On the other hand Richard is banned from the sun for a while as he is suffering with his own sunburn

This afternoon we took a trip to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. This is a world famous living museum containing animals and plants native to the Sonoran Desert of Arizona, the Mexican state of Sonora, and the Gulf of California region. After the Museum we took a ride through the beautiful Saguaro National Park West.  The desert is just beginning to bloom here because of a very unseasonably cold winter and everywhere you look is a picture opportunity.  





After a good cleaning


Mountain lion
Black bears aren't always black

Blue Heron



Snakes of the desert




Huge spider
Desert rocks



Desert views







No comments:

Post a Comment