Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Desert Walk, Chili Cook Off and Cribbage



I took this video at the start of my walk today; it’s so peaceful and quiet. It’s been cooler than normal here and will be so until Sunday when the temperature will be mid to high 70’s for a while. I hope that will be the new norm.

The resort sponsored a hot dog and chili cook off tonight that I went to. There were at least a dozen people vying for title of best made chili. They were all lined up along a long table with their entry from mild to hot. I like hot spicy food so I headed directly to the end of the line where I had a choice of four different kinds of “hot “chili. After asking how they rated their chili on a scale of one to ten I went with Mike’s Texas style that he said was a 4 on the hot scale. His chili was very good but it was an 8 on my scale. As it turned out Mike‘s chili won first place in the cook off. 

After supper I stuck around for the weekly cribbage tournament. I enjoy cribbage and it was a lot of fun. Even though I didn't win any money my score was respectable.

The sunsets here have been incredible every night so far, pictures do not capture the colors that the sky becomes when the sun sets. Maybe I need to work on my photo skills a bit and see if I can do a better job of showing the colors as they are. I’ll work on it.  (the photos were taken with my cell phone)







No comments:

Post a Comment